What We Believe
We love Jesus and do our best to follow where He leads us, period. We believe in the resurrection and that we are saved through Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross for us. We believe Holy Bible is God-breathed and we trust its authority. We read scripture, pray, worship Him and make time in our lives to do things that make a difference in our neighbourhoods, cities and world.
Gracepoint Community Church is affiliated with the BC Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. Below is the Confession of Faith that our staff and elders uphold in the leadership of Gracepoint Community Church.
We believe in God as eternal Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God created and sustains the universe. The eternal purpose of God the Father is to create a people who will bring glory to God forever. God alone is worthy of worship.
We believe that God became human in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to restore the world because humans have rejected God in disobedience. Jesus taught and modeled the way of God’s kingdom. He died on the cross, making it possible for us to accept a renewed relationship with God. He rose from the dead, broke the power of sin and death, and frees us to live in obedience to God’s will.
We believe that God the Holy Spirit invites all people to be reconciled with God and to join the global family of faith. Believers confess their faith, are baptized, and join in the celebration of the Lord’s Supper. Through the power of the Holy Spirit and guided by the Bible, members of the church seek to live as followers of Christ and invite others to experience this new life.
As Christians we are called to turn:
- from ignorance of God to a personal relationship with God
- from bondage of sin and past mistakes to freedom, forgiveness, and healing
- from individualism to interdependence with others in the local church
- from lifestyle choices that harm us, others, and the earth to choices that nurture wholeness, healing, joy and peace
- from hating enemies and ignoring neighbours to showing love and justice to all
- from loving possessions to sharing with all in need
- from aimless existence to a mission of representing and proclaiming God’s kingdom on earth.
As Christians we look forward to the day when God will once again send Jesus to bring all things under God’s eternal rule.
For the complete Confession of Faith, please click here.